- an agent or preparation that destroys parasites.
- destructive to parasites.
Origin of parasiticide
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for parasiticide
It is useful also locally in rheumatic affections as a resolvent and anodyne, in acne, and as a parasiticide.
The parasiticide usually relied on is the officinal sulphur ointment of the United States pharmacopœia.Handbook of Medical Entomology
William Albert Riley
- any substance capable of destroying parasites
- destructive to parasites
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- An agent or preparation used to destroy parasites.
- Destructive to parasites.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.