- a river in SW France, flowing W to the Gironde estuary. 300 miles (485 km) long.
- a department in SW central France. 3561 sq. mi. (9225 sq. km). Capital: Périgueux.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a town in SW France, capital of the Dordogne: noted for its Roman remains, medieval cathedral, and pâté de foie gras. Pop: 30 193 (1999)
- a river in SW France, rising in the Auvergne Mountains and flowing southwest and west to join the Garonne river and form the Gironde estuary. Length: 472 km (293 miles)
- a department of SW France, in Aquitaine region. Capital: Périgueux. Pop: 392 291 (2003 est). Area: 9224 sq km (3597 sq miles)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012