- the science dealing with light and its effects on living organisms.
Origin of photodynamics
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or concerned with photodynamics
- involving or producing an adverse or toxic reaction to light, esp ultraviolet light
- med denoting a therapy for cancer in which a cytotoxic drug is activated by a laser beam
- (functioning as singular) the branch of biology concerned with the effects of light on the actions of plants and animals
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Of or relating to the energy of light.
- Enhancing the effects of or inducing a toxic reaction to light, especially to ultraviolet light.
- The science that deals with the activating effects of light on living organisms.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The scientific study of the effects of light on organic compounds and on the metabolisms of living things.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.