- a photograph taken through a microscope.
Origin of photomicrograph
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for photomicrograph
The photomicrograph of the pigment shows the presence of many large particles.
The photomicrograph of this pigment shows its extremely fine, amorphous nature with complete absence of crystals.
This is a photograph, photomicrograph, rather, of the breech face marks on two cartridge cases.Warren Commission (3 of 26): Hearings Vol. III (of 15)
The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
In Exhibit 667, I have a photomicrograph of a root of a human hair.
This chart contains a photomicrograph of Oswald's pubic hairs.
- a photograph of a microscope imageSometimes called: microphotograph
- a less common name for microphotograph (def. 1)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A photograph made through a microscope.microphotograph
- To photograph an object through a microscope.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- A photograph made through a microscope.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.