- Charles,1757–1824, American Revolutionary leader and politician: senator 1798–1801.
- Charles Cotes·worth [kohts-wurth] /ˈkoʊts wɜrθ/, 1746–1825, and his brother Thomas, 1750–1828, American patriots and statesmen.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for pinckney
Inside of ten minutes I had a fair notion of how Pinckney was put up.
"Here's your ten and costs," says Pinckney, tossing him a sawbuck.
They spots Pinckney for the cash-carrier and makes the play at him.
"It's a wonderful thing, professor, this pride of possession," says Pinckney.
The stable-hands all seemed to know Pinckney and to be proud of it, but they shied some at Rajah and me.
- Charles. 1757–1824, US statesman, who was a leading member of the convention that framed the US Constitution (1787)
- his cousin, Charles Cotesworth. 1746–1825, US soldier, statesman, and diplomat, who also served at the Constitutional Convention
- his brother, Thomas. 1750–1828, US soldier and politician. He was US minister to Britain (1792–96) and special envoy to Spain (1795–96)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012