- Also pre-A·dam·ic [pre-uh-dam-ik] /ˌprɛ əˈdæm ɪk/. existing before Adam.
- of or relating to the pre-Adamites.
Origin of pre-Adamite
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for preadamite
The following account of the preadamite Jinn is given by El-Ḳazweenee.The Thousand and One Nights, Vol. I.
The following account of the preadamite Jinn is given by El-Ḳazweenee.Arabian Society In The Middle Ages
Edward William Lane
Others give them a very great age and claim them to belong to preadamite man.Mound-Builders
William J. Smyth
- a person who believes that there were people on earth before Adam
- a person assumed to have lived before Adam
- of or relating to a preadamite
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012