[noun, adjective kwin-too-pli-kit, -tyoo-; verb kwin-too-pli-keyt, -tyoo-]
- a group, series, or set of five copies or identical items, especially copies of typewritten matter.
- noting or consisting of five identical parts; fivefold.
- pertaining to a fifth item or copy of something.
- to produce or copy in quintuplicate.
- to make five times as great, as by multiplying.
- in quintuplicate, in five identical copies.
Origin of quintuplicate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for quintuplicate
- fivefold or quintuple
- to multiply or be multiplied by five
- a group or set of five things
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012