- a city in and the capital of Manche, in NW France: World War II battle June–July 1944.
- a department in NW France. 2476 sq. mi. (6413 sq. km). Capital: Saint-Lô.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a market town in NW France: a Calvinist stronghold in the 16th century. Pop: 20 090 (1999)
- a department of NW France, in Basse-Normandie region. Capital: St-Lô. Pop: 484 967 (2003 est). Area: 6412 sq km (2501 sq miles)
- La Manche the French name for the English Channel
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012