- wholly committed to something, as to an ideal, political cause, or personal goal: a dedicated artist.
- set apart or reserved for a specific use or purpose: We don't need a computer but a dedicated word processor.
- (of machine parts, electrical components, hardware, etc.) made or designed to interconnect exclusively with one model or a limited range of models in a manufacturer's line: The new tractors use only high-priced dedicated accessories.
Origin of dedicated
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for self-dedicated
Ample time was before me for the pilgrimage to which I was self-dedicated already—my pilgrimage to the shadow of Saint Paul's.The Two Destinies
- devoted to a particular purpose or causea dedicated man
- assigned or allocated to a particular project, function, etca dedicated transmission line; dedicated parking space
- computing designed to fulfil one functiona dedicated microprocessor
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012