[sep-tuhp-lit, -too-plit, -tyoo-]
- any group or combination of seven.
- one of seven offspring born at one birth.
- septuplets, seven offspring born at one birth.
- Music. a group of seven notes of equal value performed in the same amount of time normally taken to perform four or six.
Origin of septuplet
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- music a group of seven notes played in a time value of six, eight, etc
- one of seven offspring produced at one birth
- a group of seven things
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012