- comprising seven parts or members.
- seven times as great or as much.
- until seven times as many or as great: multiplied sevenfold.
Origin of sevenfold
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for sevenfold
The seven seals of the book denote that human wisdom is sevenfold.Christianity As A Mystical Fact
It is in a sevenfold personal message to His followers on the earth.Quiet Talks on the Crowned Christ of Revelation
S. D. Gordon
His coils, threefold and sevenfold, embrace them who speak lies.The History of Antiquity, Volume IV (of 6)
The Mohegans seem also to have at one time had a sevenfold division.The Lenp and their Legends
Daniel G. Brinton
Then will the sun be sevenfold brighter than it now is, and the moon will have the light of the sun.
- equal to or having seven times as many or as much
- composed of seven parts
- by or up to seven times as many or as much
Word Origin and History for sevenfold
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper