- an implement or machine for clearing away snow from highways, railroad tracks, etc.
- Skiing. a maneuver in which a skier pushes the heels of both skis outward so that they are far apart, as for turning, decreasing speed, or stopping.
- to clear of snow using a snowplow.
- to clear away snow with a snowplow.
- Skiing. to execute a snowplow.
Origin of snowplow
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for snowplow
A snowplow driver got the axe after posting a video of himself gleefully dumping snowdrifts onto cars earlier this winter.Miners Fired Over ‘Harlem Shake’ Video & Other Job-Killing Memes
March 4, 2013
That fifty thousand they lost on that snowplow just about put the crimp in 'em.The White Desert
Courtney Ryley Cooper
Their progress was slowed here for the road had not been cleared by a snowplow.Janet Hardy in Hollywood
Ruthe S. Wheeler
The trail curved sharply ahead and Troy gently manipulated the front fork skis into a snowplow to cut speed.The Thirst Quenchers
"We followed the snowplow up," Bud said, going to the table where his after-school snack always waited.The Black Fawn
James Arthur Kjelgaard
Today, the first of October forty years ago, we drove the snowplow at home.Look Back on Happiness