- a native or inhabitant of Sogdiana.
- the extinct Iranian language of Sogdiana.
Origin of Sogdian
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for sogdian
His mother was a Turkish shamaness, his father, a foreigner probably of Sogdian origin.A history of China., [3d ed. rev. and enl.]
- a member of the people who lived in Sogdiana
- the language of this people, now almost extinct, belonging to the East Iranian branch of the Indo-European family
- of or relating to Sogdiana, its people, or their language
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012