- movement of an organism in response to contact with a solid.
Origin of stereotaxis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to stereotaxis
- med of or relating to precise localization of a tissue, esp in the brainstereotactic surgery
- the movement of an organism in response to the stimulus of contact with a solid object
C20: from stereo- + -taxis
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A surgical technique that uses medical imaging to precisely locate in three dimensions an anatomical site to which a surgical instrument or a beam of radiation is directed.stereotactic surgery
- Movement of an organism in response to contact with a solid body.thigmotaxis
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.