[noun suhb-lees; verb suhb-lees]
- a lease granted by one who is already a lessee of a property, as an apartment.
- to grant a sublease of.
- to take or hold a sublease of.
Origin of sublease
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a lease of property made by a person who is himself a lessee or tenant of that property
- to grant a sublease of (property); sublet
- (tr) to take, obtain, or hold by sublease
Word Origin and History for sublessor
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper