or Ta·djik, Ta·dzhik
[tah-jik, -jeek; Russian tuh-jik]
- a member of a people living mainly in Tadzhikistan, as well as parts of Afghanistan and China.
- Also Ta·ji·ki [tah-ji-kee, tah-jee-] /ˈtɑ dʒɪ ki, tɑˈdʒi-/. the Iranian language spoken by the Tajiks, closely related to Persian but in Tadzhikistan written in the Cyrillic alphabet.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Tadzhiki Tajik or Tadzhik
- the language of the Tajik, belonging to the West Iranian subbranch of the Indo-European family
- of or relating to the Tajik or their language
- a member of a Persian-speaking Muslim people inhabiting Tajikistan and parts of Sinkiang in W China
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012