[trans-mahy-gruh nt, tranz-]
- a person or thing that transmigrates.
- a person passing through a country or place on the way to another place in which he or she intends to settle.
- passing from one place or state to another.
Origin of transmigrant
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for transmigrant
She was as the transmigrant soul of some domestic pig, faintly aware of a nobler status in some previous existence.The House by the River
A. P. Herbert
- an emigrant on the way to the country of immigration
- passing through from one place or stage to another