- the act of triturating.
- the state of being triturated.
- a mixture of a medicinal substance with sugar of milk, triturated to an impalpable powder.
- any triturated substance.
Origin of trituration
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for trituration
Mix the saccharin with the tincture of vanilla, add the aristochin and mix by trituration.Candy Medication
There was no sign of disease, but the edges were white and worn-looking, as if by some trituration.Dracula
Mix by trituration in a mortar, and filter through clean tow, first moistened with distilled water.
The sand of which they are composed is a silicious material, reduced to minute grains, generally rounded, by trituration.The Desert World
Mercury combines readily with sulphur by trituration, and with it forms a black powder called Ethiops mineral.
- the act of triturating or the state of being triturated
- pharmacol a mixture of one or more finely ground powdered drugs
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The process of reducing a substance to a fine powder.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.