- Zoology. producing only one egg or offspring at a time.
- Botany. (of a cyme) producing only one axis at each branching.
Origin of uniparous
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for uniparous
The cyme, according to its development, has been characterized as biparous or uniparous.
- (of certain animals) producing a single offspring at each birth
- (of a woman) having borne only one child
- botany (of a cyme) giving rise to only one branch from each flowering stem