- the part of an antiphonary containing the chants for vespers.
- a cloth used between offices to cover the altar cloth.
Origin of vesperal
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a liturgical book containing the prayers, psalms, and hymns used at vespers
- the part of the antiphonary containing these
- a cloth laid over the altar cloth between offices or services
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012