or W.A.A.F., WAAF
- Women's Auxiliary Air Force: formed during World War II as an auxiliary of the Royal Air Force.
- a member of the Women's Auxiliary Air Force.
Origin of Waaf
First recorded in 1939
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Women's Auxiliary Air Force
- Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force
- Also called: Waaf a member of either of these forces
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012