- material discarded as useless in the process of producing something.
- feces, urine, and other material excreted in the life process.
Origin of waste product
First recorded in 1930–35
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Useless or worthless debris produced during or as a result of an activity or other process.
- Organic waste matter such as urine, feces, or dead cells.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- An unusable or unwanted substance or material produced during or as a result of a process, such as metabolism or manufacturing.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.