- simple past tense and past participle of spend.
- used up; consumed.
- tired; worn-out; exhausted.
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
3. weary, drained, fagged.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for well-spent
It were a well-spent journey, Though seven deaths lay between.Clare Avery
Emily Sarah Holt
That good old umbrella after a well-spent life to get you into a trap like that.In Apple-Blossom Time
Clara Louise Burnham
Meanwhile, he smoked and dwelt on the serene reminiscences of a well-spent life.The Huntress
How should an old man live his days if not in dreaming of his well-spent past?Five Tales
Well, why should one not enjoy a merry evening after a well-spent day?A Doll's House
- (of time or money) usefully or profitably spent or expended
- the past tense and past participle of spend
- used up or exhausted; consumed
- (of a fish) exhausted by spawning
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012