[hweel-muh n, weel-]
- Also wheels·man [hweelz-muh n, weel-] /ˈʰwilz mən, ˈwil-/. a helmsman or steersman.
- a rider of a bicycle, tricycle, or the like.
- a driver, especially a chauffeur: The mobster's wheelman was also his bodyguard.
- a person who drives the getaway car in a holdup or robbery.
Origin of wheelman
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a cyclist
- Also called: wheelsman US a helmsman
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012