- Sir Arthur (Edward Drummond),1891–1975, English composer.
- Tas·ker [tas-ker] /ˈtæs kər/Howard,1853–1930, U.S. general.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- perfect happiness; serene joy
- the ecstatic joy of heaven
Word Origin for bliss
Old English blīths; related to blīthe blithe, Old Saxon blīdsea bliss
- Sir Arthur . 1891–1975, British composer; Master of the Queen's Musick (1953–75). His works include the Colour Symphony (1922), film and ballet music, and a cello concerto (1970)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
often with out, by 1973, U.S. colloquial, from bliss (n.).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper