- Trademark. American Broadcasting Companies: a television and radio network.
- atomic, biological, and chemical: ABC warfare.
- Advance Booking Charter.
- Alcoholic Beverage Control.
Related Wordscase, specific, article, fact, circumstance, rundown, picture, story, thing, nitty-gritty, specification, point, feature, scoop, element, item, cue, score, know, gospel
Examples from the Web for abc
The program—weirdly—is now under the umbrella of ABC News, and is suffering from flat ratings and an aging demographic.The Bloodiest Media Coups of 2014
December 22, 2014
Her mother told ABC News she believes Manson loves her daughter, and that “she has been good to him.”Mrs. Manson, Hometown Antihero
November 24, 2014
After rumored courting by both ABC and NBC, Pippa Middleton is reportedly inking a deal to become a Today correspondent.NBC’s Today Show ‘Hires’ Pippa Middleton
Lloyd Grove, Tom Sykes
November 5, 2014
Among her detractors was Dr. Bob Arnot, who covered medical issues for NBC before Snyderman joined the network from ABC News.NBC’s Soup-Loving Dr. Nancy Keeps Her Job
October 23, 2014
While King has shepherded The Good Wife, Commander in Chief was championed by ABC executive Anne Sweeney.Will There Ever Be a ‘Good Wife’ Effect on Politics?
October 20, 2014
Much better just pound away at the ABC and simple arithmetic and so on.Fantasia of the Unconscious
D. H. Lawrence
Triliteral and Multiliteral Propositions (such as “All abc are de”).Symbolic Logic
There exists a plane ABC, which does not contain all the points.
Not that in all circles the radii are equal, but only that they are so in the circle ABC.A System of Logic: Ratiocinative and Inductive
John Stuart Mill
Slavery was a terra incognito to him then, a book of which he had not learned the ABC.William Lloyd Garrison
Archibald H. Grimke
- (plural in US) the rudiments of a subject
- an alphabetical guide to a subject
- (often plural in US) the alphabet
- (formerly, of weapons or warfare) atomic, biological, and chemical
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- American Broadcasting Company
- Audit Bureau of Circulation
- Australian Australian-born Chinese: a person with Chinese parents, born and raised in Australia
- US American-born Chinese: a person with Chinese parents, born and raised in the US
- British acceptable behaviour contract: a voluntary written agreement between someone who has been involved in anti-social behaviour and a local agency such as a housing association, council, or police
Word Origin and History for abc
"the alphabet," late 13c., abece. Sense "rudiments or fundamentals (of a subject)" is from late 14c. From 1944 (in a "Billboard" headline) as a shortening of American Broadcasting Company. Related: ABCs.