- present in great quantity; more than adequate; oversufficient: an abundant supply of water.
- well supplied with something; abounding: a river abundant in salmon.
- richly supplied, as with resources: an abundant land.
Origin of abundant
Synonyms for abundantSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Antonyms for abundant
Related Words for abundantlyhandsomely, richly, amply, lavishly, generously, profusely, satisfactorily, sufficiently, affluently, inexhaustibly, luxuriantly
Examples from the Web for abundantly
Contemporary Examples of abundantly
Davis makes it abundantly clear she wanted to carry this baby to term.Wendy Davis and the 'Good Abortion' Myth
September 10, 2014
Given that, it was abundantly clear that NBC was going to star-cast the lead in Peter Pan with a famous person.Allison Williams Won’t Suck as Peter Pan
July 30, 2014
All meals are packed (abundantly) into Styrofoam containers and bagged with plastic utensils.The Heart and Soul (Food) of Orlando
Jane & Michael Stern
June 8, 2014
Iran has made it abundantly clear that it too supports the Syrian government.How Iran, Putin and Assad Outwitted America
January 16, 2014
My friends instantly, abundantly, responded, some agreeing with the premise, others either objecting or not fully absorbing it.Whatever Happened to Great Holiday Films?
December 1, 2013
Historical Examples of abundantly
So much is abundantly plain both from what I have said and from what I am about to add.A Theological-Political Treatise [Part II]
Benedict of Spinoza
Even in days less democratic than ours this was abundantly true.Understanding the Scriptures
In return firewood, water, and food of all sorts came in abundantly.The Leopard Woman
Stewart Edward White
We have Joseph Andrews as it is; and we may be abundantly thankful for it.Joseph Andrews Vol. 1
This she had abundantly shown, but now, in her tending of the sick gentleman.Life And Adventures Of Martin Chuzzlewit
- veryhe made his disagreement with her abundantly clear
- plentifully; in abundance
- existing in plentiful supply
- (postpositive foll by in) having a plentiful supply (of)
- (of a chemical element or mineral) occurring to an extent specified in relation to other elements or minerals in the earth's crust or some other specified environment
- (of an isotope) occurring to an extent specified in relation to other isotopes in a mixture of isotopes
Word Origin for abundant
Word Origin and History for abundantly
late 14c., from Old French abundant and directly from Latin abundantem (nominative abundans) "overflowing," present participle of abundare "to overflow" (see abound). Related: Abundantly.