- free from color.
- able to emit, transmit, or receive light without separating it into colors.
- achromatic colour,
- achromatic lens,
- achromatic objective,
- achromatic prism,
- achromatic vision
Origin of achromatic
Examples from the Web for achromatic
Thus it is proved beyond all question that the lenses of the eye do not form an achromatic combination.Curiosities of Light and Sight|Shelford Bidwell
The achromatic lens consists of a double convex lens of crown glass combined with a plano-concave lens of flint glass.Physics|Willis Eugene Tower
The three illustrations given above afford an idea of the plan of construction of our achromatic objectives.
The bands are then achromatic in the sense that the ordinary telescope is so.
The achromatic doublets have a very large, clear and flat field.
- not staining with standard dyes
- of or relating to achromatin
- involving no sharps or flats
- another word for diatonic