- the active voice.
- a form or construction in the active voice.
Origin of active
SYNONYMS FOR active
Examples from the Web for actively
Now, she says, her coworkers are actively pranking each other and blaming it on the ghost.New York’s Most Tragic Ghost Loves Minimalist Swedish Fashion|Nina Strochlic|January 8, 2015|DAILY BEAST
Grimm has even been actively trying hire staff members for his office in recent weeks after several former aides deserted him.
According to League, Alamo Drafthouse was actively working with Sony on Monday on the possibility of screening The Interview.The Inside Story of How Sony’s ‘The Interview’ Finally Made It to Theaters|Marlow Stern|December 23, 2014|DAILY BEAST
As more come online, they will actively seek better selling prices elsewhere and also source their goods internationally.
And then there was the segment of the media that actively cheered it all on.The U.S. Will Torture Again—and We’re All to Blame|Michael Tomasky|December 12, 2014|DAILY BEAST
They produce tin, by actively working the land which contains it.In Northern Mists (Volume 1 of 2)|Fridtjof Nansen
But, as Lovibond entered the room, a scene of yet more primitive interest was actively proceeding.Capt'n Davy's Honeymoon|Hall Caine
They were before uncharitable and wrong, but now they are actively pernicious.Trevethlan (Vol 3 of 3)|William Davy Watson
It is not unlike a pus-corpuscle in size and general appearance, but is actively motile.A Manual of Clinical Diagnosis|James Campbell Todd
She began to busy herself, to actively give them outlet, to have time or surplus energies for the evolution of fancies beyond her.Gargoyles|Ben Hecht
British Dictionary definitions for actively
- producing or being used to produce profit, esp in the form of interestactive balances
- of or denoting stocks or shares that have been actively bought and sold as recorded in the Official List of the London Stock Exchange
- containing a source of poweran active network
- capable of amplifying a signal or controlling some functionan active component; an active communication satellite
- the active voice
- an active verb