- the active voice.
- a form or construction in the active voice.
SYNONYMS FOR active
QUIZ YOURSELF ON “ITS” VS. “IT’S”!
Origin of active
synonym study for active
OTHER WORDS FROM active
Example sentences from the Web for active
He added that more than 5 million users were active on the service on Monday, eight times as many as there were a week earlier.What my day on conservative social network Parler was like|Danielle Abril|November 12, 2020|Fortune
Camero, who often performed and recorded as simply “Candido,” began his career in Cuba at 14 and was still active past the age of 95.Candido Camero, ‘father of modern conga drumming,’ dies at 99|Matt Schudel|November 12, 2020|Washington Post
The University of Wisconsin has canceled two games and reported 27 active cases last week.Navy has second consecutive game postponed because of coronavirus|Kareem Copeland|November 10, 2020|Washington Post
People supporting “Stop the Steal” remained active on the site, and a related hashtag had 58,000 posts on Monday.Conservative social media site Parler shoots to the top of the download charts postelection|Aaron Pressman|November 9, 2020|Fortune
He could get confused, but he was comfortable and fairly active.
British Dictionary definitions for active
- producing or being used to produce profit, esp in the form of interestactive balances
- of or denoting stocks or shares that have been actively bought and sold as recorded in the Official List of the London Stock Exchange
- containing a source of poweran active network
- capable of amplifying a signal or controlling some functionan active component; an active communication satellite
- the active voice
- an active verb