- a label, as an integer, symbol, or other set of characters, designating a location, register, etc., where information is stored in computer memory.
- a set of characters designating an email account: Her email address ends in “.net,” not “.com.”
- a set of characters designating the location of a website or a particular computer or other device on a network: He visits that website so often that its complete address comes up whenever he types its first letter into the address bar.See also URL
verb (used with object), ad·dressed, ad·dress·ing.
verb (used without object), ad·dressed or ad·drest, ad·dress·ing. Obsolete.
TAKE THIS QUIZ TO SEE WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT 2ND-3RD GRADE VOCAB FROM BOOKS!
OTHER WORDS FROM address
Words nearby address
Example sentences from the Web for addressed
There are, however, systemic problems that must be addressed.
Christians should have addressed that conflict more forcefully over the holidays.
The trickiest items having been placed in the “freezer” to be addressed at a later date.Did The U.S.-Cuba Deal Help Drive A Rebel Ceasefire in Colombia?|Richard McColl|December 18, 2014|DAILY BEAST
In January, President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf addressed the country optimistically.
In his opinion, Rio Tinto has not addressed this provision of the comprehensive sanctions against Iran.
Chatham had addressed him living, in verse, and peers sought for the honour of supporting the pall at his funeral.Their Majesties' Servants (Volume 2 of 3)|John Doran
Addressed to impertinent persons who find fault with the personal appearance or dress of others.The Proverbs of Scotland|Alexander Hislop
He was an evangelical transcendentalist, and for many years addressed large and cultured congregations in New York City.
He then went up to Rockley, snuff-box in hand, and addressed him as he was leaning against the chimney-piece.The Master of the Ceremonies|George Manville Fenn
I found her lying very quietly, with the traces of tears still on her face; she addressed me quite gently.Uncle Max|Rosa Nouchette Carey
British Dictionary definitions for addressed
verb -dresses, -dressing or -dressed or obsolete, or poetic -drest (tr)
- to speak or write tohe addressed himself to the chairman
- to apply oneself tohe addressed himself to the task