- of, caused by, or expressing emotion or feeling; emotional.
- causing emotion or feeling.
Origin of affective
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for affectively
Historical Examples of affectively
Affectively she was remarkably frank, sometimes a little surly, or she showed a slight empty uneasiness.Benign Stupors
- psychol relating to affects
- concerned with or arousing the emotions or affection
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Concerned with or arousing feelings or emotions; emotional.
- Influenced by or resulting from the emotions, as of a psychological disorder.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.