Origin of reflective
Synonyms for reflective
Examples from the Web for reflectively
Historical Examples of reflectively
She looked at me reflectively, and said, after a pause, "Because I see it so."De Libris: Prose and Verse
Peter looked at Linda reflectively and then he told her that he could see it.Her Father's Daughter
"I reckon maybe some of us might help," remarked Mr. Watts, reflectively.The Gentleman From Indiana
"He's been runnin' lawn mowers all summer," observed Jim reflectively.The Widow O'Callaghan's Boys
"It is enormously important, I grant--enormously," he repeated, reflectively.A Writer's Recollections (In Two Volumes), Volume I
Mrs. Humphry Ward
- characterized by quiet thought or contemplation
- capable of reflectinga reflective surface
- produced by reflection
- Of, relating to, produced by, or resulting from reflection.
- Capable of or producing reflection.
- Characterized by or given to meditation or contemplation; thoughtful.