DO YOU KNOW THIS VOCABULARY FROM "THE HANDMAID'S TALE"?
OTHER WORDS FROM aged
Words nearby aged
Definition for aged (2 of 2)
- a period of the history of the earth distinguished by some special feature: the Ice Age.
- a unit of geological time, shorter than an epoch, during which the rocks comprising a stage were formed.
verb (used without object), aged, ag·ing or age·ing.
verb (used with object), aged, ag·ing or age·ing.
Origin of age
synonym study for age
OTHER WORDS FROM agein·ter·age, adjectivepre·age, verb, pre·aged, pre·ag·ing.sub·age, nounun·ag·ing, adjective
Example sentences from the Web for aged
But when she returned to Selma in 1962 to care for her aged mother, she lost that right.Dr. King Goes to Hollywood: The Flawed History of ‘Selma’|Gary May|January 2, 2015|DAILY BEAST
Sharp always wanted to be an actor: his first role, aged 7, was as Piglet in Winnie-The-Pooh.
She became extremely unpopular and was widely blamed for the King's growing weakness as he aged.The Sex Life of King Richard III's Randy Great Great Great Grandfather|Tom Sykes|December 4, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Another cadet, aged 18, has been charged with three sexual assaults.
The Farah girls, aged 17 and 15, told their father they were too sick to go to school on Friday morning.
Experience has made it well known that the children of the aged readily show degenerate types.Degeneracy|Eugene S. Talbot
He was generous towards his aged parents; was deeply imbued with a sense of religion, and was the foe of vice in every form.
Like Laura, aged fourteen, I had taken a shorter voyage on a poorer ship, and I had decided that this would be different.The Ship Dwellers|Albert Bigelow Paine
Those remaining were Sam, aged fifteen, and Minnie, aged three.Two Little Savages|Ernest Thompson Seton
Count —— ——, aged about two years, came under my care, being then at the breast.Remarks on the Subject of Lactation|Edward Morton
British Dictionary definitions for aged (1 of 2)
- advanced in years; old
- (as collective noun; preceded by the)the aged
British Dictionary definitions for aged (2 of 2)
- a period or state of human lifehe should know better at his age; she had got beyond the giggly age
- (as modifier)age group
- a period of history marked by some feature or characteristic; era
- (capital when part of a name)the Middle Ages; the Space Age
- a period of the earth's history distinguished by special characteristicsthe age of reptiles
- the period during which a stage of rock strata is formed; a subdivision of an epoch
verb ages, ageing, aging or aged
Word Origin for age
Medical definitions for aged
Idioms and Phrases with aged
see act one's age; coon's age; golden age; in this day and age; of age; ripe old age; under age.