- characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- making an all-out effort to win or succeed; competitive: an aggressive basketball player.
- vigorously energetic, especially in the use of initiative and forcefulness: an aggressive salesperson.
- boldly assertive and forward; pushy: an aggressive driver.
- emphasizing maximum growth and capital gains over quality, security, and income: an aggressive mutual fund.
- (of a disease or tumor) spreading rapidly or highly invasive; difficult or impossible to treat successfully.
- pertaining to a risky surgery or treatment, or to a medication that has grave side effects: aggressive chemotherapy.
Origin of aggressive
Synonyms for aggressive
Antonyms for aggressive
Examples from the Web for aggressively
Contemporary Examples of aggressively
Reid aggressively raises money for Senate Majority PAC, which has spent $39 million on attack ads alone this cycle.Time is Money: How to Fix Outrageous Political Spending
November 3, 2014
Most important, it must aggressively pursue rapprochement with India.Pakistan’s New Top Spy Once Suggested Peace With India
September 23, 2014
The police car arrives and aggressively questions the old woman.A Brief History of the Phrase 'F*ck the Police'
August 23, 2014
But think more deeply: Congress could make all kinds of laws that aggressively establish an ideology that is not a religion.Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment
August 22, 2014
The movie was aggressively fun, and, despite its sci-fi setting and outlandish plot, somehow relatable.Guardians of the Galaxy’s Chris Pratt Is the Everydude Superhero
August 1, 2014
Historical Examples of aggressively
"I don't see any easier way to get half a million," he said aggressively.Within the Law
"You ought to give it to him as a keepsake," said young Howard, aggressively.In a Steamer Chair and Other Stories
He was obviously direct from some eastern city, though not aggressively so.The Law-Breakers
They are aggressively German in sentiment, language, character and Kultur.England and Germany
Emile Joseph Dillon
There was no injunction for fighting absolutely or aggressively in the Koran.A Critical Exposition of the Popular 'Jihd'
Moulavi Gergh Ali
- quarrelsome or belligerentan aggressive remark
- assertive; vigorousan aggressive business executive
- Characterized by aggression.
- Inclined to behave in a hostile fashion.
- Tending to spread quickly, as a tumor; fast-growing.
- Characterized by or inclined toward vigorous or intensive medical treatment.