- Classical Mythology. a daughter of Asopus and Metope who was abducted by Zeus and bore him a son, Aeacus.
- Gulf of. Saronic Gulf.
- an island in the Saronic Gulf. 32 sq. mi. (83 sq. km).
- a seaport on this island.
Modern Greek Aí·yi·na [e-yee-nah] /ˈɛ yi nɑ/ (for defs 2–4).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- transliteration of the Modern Greek name for Aegina
- an island in the Aegean Sea, in the Saronic Gulf. Area: 85 sq km (33 sq miles)
- a town on the coast of this island: a city-state of ancient Greece
- Gulf of Aegina another name for Saronic Gulf
Greek name: Aiyina
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012