- Pathology. suffering from anemia.
- lacking power, vigor, vitality, or colorfulness; listless; weak: an anemic effort; anemic tones.
Origin of anemic
Examples from the Web for anaemic
Historical Examples of anaemic
I had tended her day and night, and this, in addition to the grief I was suffering, made me anaemic.My Double Life
The uniform paleness of her complexion was not that of an anaemic girl.Chance
Do you imagine that this anaemic youth was capable of so frightful an assault?The Return of Sherlock Holmes
Arthur Conan Doyle
A gaunt, anaemic southerner, who was with the party of idlers, spoke up.A Son of the City
Herman Gastrell Seely
Young lovers were pale and anaemic beside that long-married pair.When God Laughs and Other Stories
- relating to or suffering from anaemia
- pale and sickly looking; lacking vitality
- the usual US spelling of anaemic