- a person who advocates or believes in anarchy or anarchism.
- a person who seeks to overturn by violence all constituted forms and institutions of society and government, with no purpose of establishing any other system of order in the place of that destroyed.
- a person who promotes disorder or excites revolt against any established rule, law, or custom.
Origin of anarchist
Related Words for anarchisticbarbarous, chaotic, turbulent, violent, unruly, anarchic, revolutionary, militant, fanatical, progressive, uncompromising, far-out, extremist, sweeping, leftist, alienated, restless, disaffected, fractious, recalcitrant
Examples from the Web for anarchistic
Contemporary Examples of anarchistic
The Turfers are freakish, passionate, half-baked, dignified, defiant, rude, anarchistic, but they are not Republicans.The GOP Freak Show
August 7, 2009
Historical Examples of anarchistic
There are no socialistic or anarchistic traits in his blood.
It was Bunny's father, the agitator and anarchistic lecturer.Uncle Sam's Boys as Lieutenants
H. Irving Hancock
And mind, Mary can hear, too; so if it is too anarchistic she will come to the rescue.Three Little Women's Success
Gabrielle E. Jackson
And you will find some of them as anarchistic as you will find their men.The Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol. 9 (of 12)
Robert G. Ingersoll
"Another of them anarchistic attempts," growled one of the men.The Hero of Panama
F. S. Brereton
- a person who advocates the abolition of government and a social system based on voluntary cooperation
- a person who causes disorder or upheaval