- an angular part, position, or formation.
- the exact measurement of angles.
- Also called comma position. Skiing. a position for traversing a slope in which the skis are edged into the hill by bending the knees toward the hill and leaning the upper body away from the hill, with all weight on the downhill ski.
Origin of angulation
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for angulation
Historical Examples of angulation
It was necessary, in the case of Mount Rainier, to resort to long-distance methods of angulation.Mount Rainier
- an angular formation
- the precise measurement of angles
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The formation of an abnormal angle or bend in an organ.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.