- preoccupation with or motivation by sensual, physical, or carnal appetites rather than moral, spiritual, or intellectual forces.
- the theory that human beings lack a spiritual nature.
Origin of animalism
Examples from the Web for animalism
Historical Examples of animalism
And it is touching and attractive because of the animalism of its frankness and simplicity.A Spirit in Prison
There was animalism in the soul, and the body had its moments of spirituality.The Picture of Dorian Gray
Instantly, animalism was aroused, the passions were inflamed.The Easiest Way
Eugene Walter and Arthur Hornblow
The lust of Gold had its devils, and they were not different from other types of animalism.
All man needs is a true mirror in which his own animalism may see itself.
- satisfaction of or preoccupation with physical matters; sensuality
- the doctrine or belief that man lacks a spiritual nature
- a trait or mode of behaviour typical of animals