- acting to reduce certain signs of inflammation, as swelling, tenderness, fever, and pain.
- Pharmacology. a medication, as aspirin, used to reduce inflammation.
Origin of anti-inflammatory
Examples from the Web for anti-inflammatory
Contemporary Examples of anti-inflammatory
Apparently the succinic acid in the beads has an anti-inflammatory effect.Kids Eat the Darndest Things: Laundry Pods, Teething Necklaces, and More Of The Weirdest Stuff Sending Kids to the E.R.
November 14, 2014
Diana is allergic to several kinds of pain medication and anti-inflammatory drugs.Diana Nyad’s Broken Dream
August 10, 2011
Apples contain an anti-inflammatory flavonoid called quercetin, while red wine contains the flavonoid catechin.10 Power Food Combos
March 18, 2010
Historical Examples of anti-inflammatory
As an anti-inflammatory agent, it may be thus compared with Antimony and Blood-letting.The Action of Medicines in the System
Frederick William Headland
- reducing inflammation
- any anti-inflammatory drug, such as cortisone, aspirin, or ibuprofen
- Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Preventing or reducing inflammation. Aspirin and ibuprofen are anti-inflammatory drugs.