- unwilling or unable to associate in a normal or friendly way with other people: He's not antisocial, just shy.
- antagonistic, hostile, or unfriendly toward others; menacing; threatening: an antisocial act.
- opposed or detrimental to social order or the principles on which society is constituted: antisocial behavior.
- Psychiatry. of or relating to a pattern of behavior in which social norms and the rights of others are persistently violated.
- a person exhibiting antisocial traits.
Origin of antisocial
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- avoiding the company of other people; unsociable
- contrary or injurious to the interests of society in general
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Behaving in a manner that violates the social or legal norms of society.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.