- pertaining to antiquaries or to the study of antiquities.
- of, dealing in, or interested in old or rare books.
- an antiquary.
- a size of drawing and writing paper, 31 × 53 or 29 × 52 inches.
Origin of antiquarian
Examples from the Web for antiquarianism
Historical Examples of antiquarianism
The spirit of antiquarianism has not, indeed, slumbered among us.The Archaeology and Prehistoric Annals of Scotland
This way, he says, lie merely the dry bones of archology and antiquarianism.Schopenhauer
But let us have no antiquarianism about Dickens for Dickens is not an antiquity.A Chesterton Calendar
G. K. Chesterton
But Keats never was nor tried to be exact in his antiquarianism.Life of John Keats
However, the days of that old school of antiquarianism are numbered.Custom and Myth
- concerned with the study of antiquities or antiques
- the largest size of handmade drawing paper, 53 × 31 inches
- a less common name for antiquary