- the Altar, a southern constellation between Triangulum Australe and Scorpius.
Origin of Ara
- Agricultural Research Administration.
- American Railway Association.
- Associate of the Royal Academy.
Examples from the Web for ara
Contemporary Examples of ara
With Ara, she said, "it was not so much about hair and much more about creation of a fantasy."
Ara Gallant was the hairstylist-turned-photographer who pioneered the glamour of the 1970s.
"Ara Gallant isn't really 'hired' for shootings," wrote Blair Sabol in the Village Voice in 1970.
Huston writes in the book that Ara Gallant was "an influencer, a mentor, an advisor, a director, a comrade in arms."
Historical Examples of ara
Had one sat all one's life on the steps of Ara Cœli for this?The Education of Henry Adams
The crimson topaz, or ara humming-bird (Topaza pella), vies with it in beauty.The Western World
The third, "Ara Celi," will trace the foundations of the Papal power.Our Fathers Have Told Us
Similar inscriptions are on the ambone of Ara Cœli, and the doorway at Falleri.The Cathedral Builders
He came to Aksam-kusaveve, and from there he went on to Hanemo'-ara, where there is a lake.Seven Mohave Myths
A. L. Kroeber
- a constellation in the S hemisphere near Scorpius
Word Origin for Ara
- Associate of the Royal Academy