- absence of the microorganisms that produce sepsis or septic disease.
- Medicine/Medical. methods, as sterile surgical techniques, used to assure asepsis.
Origin of asepsis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the state of being free from living pathogenic organisms
- the methods of achieving a germ-free condition
Word Origin and History for asepses
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The state of being free of living pathogenic microorganisms.
- The process of removing pathogenic microorganisms or protecting against infection by such organisms.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The state of being free of pathogenic microorganisms.
- The process of removing microorganisms that cause infection.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.