- not sociable or gregarious; withdrawn from society.
- indifferent to or averse to conforming to conventional standards of behavior.
- inconsiderate of others; selfish; egocentric.
Origin of asocial
Related Words for asocialboorish, insensitive, rude, antisocial, impolite, indiscreet, reckless, alienated, standoffish, introverted, apathetic, blind, brash, discourteous, egocentric, hasty, heedless, inattentive, incautious, indelicate
Examples from the Web for asocial
Contemporary Examples of asocial
“The asocial aspect of it is really appealing,” Soderbergh went on to say of his new career choice.Soderbergh's Swansong
September 14, 2009
Historical Examples of asocial
Our study of Buddhism has brought to light its extremely individualistic nature, and its lack of asocial ideal.Evolution Of The Japanese, Social And Psychic
Sidney L. Gulick
- avoiding contact; not gregarious
- unconcerned about the welfare of others
- hostile to society or social practices
- Avoiding or averse to the society of others; not sociable.
- Unable or unwilling to conform to normal standards of social behavior; antisocial.