- a river in S Canada, flowing S and E from SE Saskatchewan into the Red River in S Manitoba. 450 miles (725 km) long.
- Mount, a mountain in E British Columbia, Canada, in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, on the Alberta border and the Continental Divide. 11,870 feet (3618 meters).
Examples from the Web for assiniboine
Historical Examples of assiniboine
I was thinking of the strange gossip of the Assiniboine encampment.
They were to convoy it overland to a point on the Assiniboine where it could be reshipped.
From that point he would be guided by the footprints of the Assiniboine animals.
In the language of the modern West, the Assiniboine "had the drop" on the Shawanoe.
It was so unparalleled, so utterly unexpected, that the Assiniboine stood in a daze.
- a river in W Canada, rising in E Saskatchewan and flowing southeast and east to the Red River at Winnipeg. Length: over 860 km (500 miles)
- plural -boine or -boines a member of a North American Indian people living in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Montana; one of the Sioux peoples
- the language of this people, belonging to the Siouan family