- the central portion of an aster, in which the centrosome lies.
- the whole aster exclusive of the centrosome.
Origin of astrosphere
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- another name for centrosome
- Also called: attraction sphere the part of the aster excluding the centrosome
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A set of radiating fibrils extending outward from the centrosome and centrosphere of a dividing cell.aster attraction sphere
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.