- a city in and the capital of Georgia, in the N part.
- a state in the SE United States. 58,876 sq. mi. (152,489 sq. km). Capital: Atlanta. Abbreviation: GA (for use with zip code), Ga.
- Also called Georgian Republic. a republic in Transcaucasia, bordering on the Black Sea, N of Turkey and Armenia: an independent kingdom for about 2000 years. 26,872 sq. mi. (69,700 sq. km). Capital: Tbilisi.
- Strait of, an inlet of the Pacific in SW Canada between Vancouver Island and the mainland. 150 miles (240 km) long.
- a female given name: George + feminine ending -a.
Examples from the Web for atlanta
Contemporary Examples of atlanta
Thanks to the Atlanta case, they can now see another in plain sight.A Gift to the Jihadis: The Unseen Airport Security Threat
December 27, 2014
I started volunteering around Atlanta with the Health Initiative and some other groups and stuff, and with HRC and everything.
Delta was a sponsor of the HRC dinner here in Atlanta and I went and met her there.
And when BET Weekend came to Atlanta two months ago, Brinsley thought he could become a major party promoter.Alleged Cop Killer’s Blood-Soaked Screenplay
December 24, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia, USA Atlanta is quickly becoming one of the most promising LGBT HQs on the globe.The Ultimate LGBT Travel Bucket List
December 12, 2014
Historical Examples of atlanta
The success was partly due to the excellent work of the press of Atlanta.
It was discovered beyond a doubt that the package had been sent from Atlanta.
On arriving at Atlanta he proceeded to the Atlanta House, and was given a room.
It would take some time for Mr. Hunt to reach here from Atlanta.Mary Louise and Josie O'Gorman
Emma Speed Sampson
But they knew and felt that Atlanta was the back door to Richmond.Four Years in Rebel Capitals
T. C. DeLeon
- a city in N Georgia: the state capital. Pop: 423 019 (2003 est)
- a republic in NW Asia, on the Black Sea: an independent kingdom during the middle ages, it was divided by Turkey and Persia in 1555; became part of Russia in 1918 and a separate Soviet republic in 1936; its independence was recognized internationally in 1992. It is rich in minerals and has hydroelectric resources. Official language: Georgian. Religion: believers are mainly Christian or Muslim. Currency: lari. Capital: Tbilisi. Pop: 4 555 911 (2013 est). Area: 69 493 sq km (26 831 sq miles)
- a state of the southeastern US, on the Atlantic: consists of coastal plains with forests and swamps, rising to the Cumberland Plateau and the Appalachians in the northwest Capital: Atlanta. Pop: 8 684 715 (2003 est). Area: 152 489 sq km (58 876 sq miles)Abbreviation: Ga, (with zip code) GA
the U.S. state was named for King George II of Great Britain. The Caucasian nation is so-called for St. George, who is its patron saint (his cult there may continue that of a pre-Christian deity with whom he was later identified), but the name also is said to derive from Arabic or Persian Kurj, or Gurz (the form in the earliest sources), said to be a name of the native people, of unknown origin. In modern Georgia, the name of the country is Sakartvelo and the people's name is Kartveli.
Capital of Georgia and largest city in the state.