- an aspect of the soul, represented as a human-headed bird.
Origin of ba
- the second letter of the Arabic alphabet.
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science.
- Bachelor of Applied Science.
- down with.
Origin of à bas
de haut en bas
- from top to bottom; from head to foot.
- in a haughty, disdainful manner; condescendingly.
Examples from the Web for bas
Contemporary Examples of bas
The biggest net gains in people with BAs and higher are primarily in the sunbelt, led by Phoenix, Houston, Dallas-Ft.Forget What the Pundits Tell You, Coastal Cities are Old News - it’s the Sunbelt that’s Booming
March 1, 2014
Historical Examples of bas
A woman in the mob said 'Pauvre' and somebody else said ' bas!'Terribly Intimate Portraits
Bas Rowlett bent above his pillow, but with a transformed face.
"I reckon ye've done heered all I kin tell ye," said Bas, gravely.
In killing Bas Rowlett he would be performing a virtuous act.
Bas Rowlett did not rise from his seat and the young woman did not expect it.
- down with!
- Egyptian myth the soul, represented as a bird with a human head
- Bachelor of Arts
- British Academy
- British Airways
- British Association (for the Advancement of Science)
- British Association screw thread
- The symbol for the elementbarium
- The symbol for barium.